Last night in Auckland, Andrew Hutchinson (Potato Technical Support for Wilcox) was awarded the Young Horticulturalist of the Year tittle after participating in 2 days of challenging exercises, panel discussions and HortiSports.
Andrew won four of the six categories
- Primary ITO Career Development Award
- T&G Practical Activities Award
- Fruitfed Supplies Leadership Award
- Countdown Best Speech Award
- AGMART Market Innovation Project – 2nd place
We are very proud of Andrew and the continued commitment he shows towards self-development, the Wilcox business and the greater horticultural industry. Andrew is looking forward to utilising the scholarship funds to travel overseas and further his understanding of agronomics in the potato sector.